Monday, March 19, 2007

Back to Work

It's been a very long time since my last post. So much has happened in a year's time. My brother passed away in February '06. The Buddha now watches over him. I've been away from the Sangha for quite a bit of this past year, trying to collect myself and move forward. I must properly thank Sensei Bob McNeil, Bryant, Miu, and all members at the Compassionate Heart Sangha for love and support. Sometimes you must leave the cushion to find the cushion. More posts are forthcoming, I swear.

A quick story about my brother. Kent taught taiko, Japanese drumming, for many years. His students were young boys and girls at the Orange County Buddhist Church. In the final week of his life, the group came to visit him at the hospital. The young students were watching my brother leave this world, literally, before their eyes. They cried many tears, but my brother pointed to his heart and said, "don't worry, I'll be right here." Understand that my brother was a man of few words, every one counted, none were wasted. So the next time someone you love leaves, point to your own heart and say, "don't worry, you'll be right here, always." And if somehow you can't say it, feel it.

Gassho for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home